PDA

View Full Version : Clomid Blog

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Kristen1169
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks Frances! You to!

Alma, only 9 days to wait for a beta?? That's not bad at all!

avelez
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
:bellyrubs:now for those who have had a BFP what are the symptoms we that are waitng should maybe get ? help im nervous:eyebrow:

francesmcruz
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
francesmcruz i am praying for you and a BIG:bfp:

Thanks ajf, I could use all the prayers and BFP wishes.......

You ladies are awesome :hooray:.

THE SMITH'S
09-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I did a HPT yesterday and it was BFN. :ohno: I talked to the nurse this am and they want to do a beta to double check before I stop using progesterone. After the HCG trigger, I had symptoms but they're all gone so I don't have much hope for tomorrow's test.

Thanks for asking.

:( :( So sorry girl I hope maybe you are preg or next month for you! Cheer up!

ctr83sjb
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Do you have an appt with your doc? Has s/he seen your charts? I think your doc might want to put you on Clomid just to get a stronger O out of you...your temps are kind of all over the place! Clomid should help with that. Also, since you've been TTC for 11 months, it might be the next step. Good luck to you!!!
I have an appt this monday the 15th. We just found out the DH's sperm are good, YAY! I will bring my charts with me, which he asked me to do. So at least we are on the same page. My SIL took Chlomid and got pregnant with twins on her 3rd cycle. Wish me luck!!

Fia
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Frances and Alma: I’m praying for you to get a BFP!!!! Can’t wait till tomorrow and Friday!!!:eyeroll:

Sugar&Spice: Thanks for the welcome and good wishes.

RSC: The ultra sound is not bad, I agree with Frances, it’s exciting cause u get to see how ur responding to the stims.

Mad Max: Good luck!

Mspy: I’m so so happy to hear that you’re feeling better. Hope you continue your recovery that will lead to a successful ET in October.:celebrate:

As for me…I went to get my first u/s and 2nd bw since I started stimming. I heard back from nurse, I’m not responding to meds the way I should and so my IVF cycle has been cancelled. :ohno:I looks like I like I need higher dosage. I am however ready for IUI and so that’s what we’re doing on Thursday. I’m going to trigger tomorrow night. I’m not very hopeful. I’m disappointed. I now have to wait a month before starting again.

BabyHopes
09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Endurer11- Welcome and congrats on the great follie numbers!

Flynn08- So sorry about the BFN.

THE SMITH'S- Any symptoms yet? I know you are going crazy! I am and I am only 3DPIUI.

Lisa2006 and everyone else- Good Luck!!!

erinlovesjake2005
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
((((((((HUGS)))))))))) I'm so sorry, Fia....:ohno:

:fingerscrossed: for the IUI

:babydust1: :babydust:

Sugar&Spice
09-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Fia, I'm sorry about your cycle cancellation, but here's hoping you get that beautiful BFP w/ the IUI! :luck:

Frances, :pray: :pray: :pray: for you!

Alma, best of luck on Friday w/ both your :bfp: and your license!

Kristen, five 17+ eggies rocks, girl! How exciting! Friday's going to be one exciting day around here. :celebrate:

mspy, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. :hugs:

Mad Max, there's so much estrogen flying around in here lately, that I'm sure you're going to have THE PERFECT EGG(S) to match that perfect uterus! Sending great big eggies :vibes: your way.

RSC, good luck w/ your U/S. Hope you're right where you should be.

Girls, tomorrow I start antibiotics and go in for an U/S, more bloodwork, a hydrosono, and a mock transfer. Here we go...!!!

Sugar&Spice
09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh, yeah! Question: Is anyone taking Folgard and a prenatal w/ 800mcg of folic acid? I've read you shouldn't exceed 1000mcgs, so I'm worried about taking both. Anyone doing that?

RSC
09-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I second everything Elle just said to everyone--good luck, ladies!

Elle, I don't know about the Folic Acid; I'd check in with your doc. Good luck on the mock transfer--it doesn't hurt at all.

I had my u/s today--so far 11 follies, all about the same size, the biggest one is 1.2 (I think--I can't really remember now!). After my bloodwork today they called and told me to reduce my Menopur down from 2 vials to 1 tomorrow, so I must be doing okay??? I can't remember exactly what the Menopur does. You'd think I would spend more time trying to understand all of this, but I've been so busy lately I've just been blindly doing everything they tell me to do!

THE SMITH'S
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Endurer11- Welcome and congrats on the great follie numbers!

Flynn08- So sorry about the BFN.

THE SMITH'S- Any symptoms yet? I know you are going crazy! I am and I am only 3DPIUI.

Lisa2006 and everyone else- Good Luck!!!

YES!!! LOL I have had a strange full feeling in my bladder since 7dpiui I go pee like 3 times a night and never use to. Strange little pulls or twitches around hair line my boobs hurt soooo bad to lay on them at night! I always spot like 3-4 days before my AF and nothing yet :celebrate: tomorrow will be 11dpiui I should start my AF by Friday BUT HOPE AF IS NOT COMING! So if I dont spot next 3 days good sign :) What about u??? You getting excited??

endurer11
09-09-2008, 04:58 AM
are you on progesterone? wouldnt that stop the spotting anyways?

francesmcruz
09-09-2008, 06:32 AM
I did my bloodwork an hour ago for my :beta:.
I am so nervous I feel light-headed.
My thoughts are racing and I can't concentrate.
I am either going to be :crying: at the end of the day or jumping up and down with joy :hooray:.
I am praying (:pray:) for a :bfp:.

Flynn08
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks everybody. I went for my beta this am. Later today, I should get a definite answer and if BFN, I'll set up an appt to discuss our next steps.

Good Luck to all of you on your cycles!!

avelez
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
right now im not feeling much, my breast are very soar, had cramps in the beginning, dizzy at times,tired, i wish i knew already cant wait.

avelez
09-09-2008, 08:06 AM
good luck Frances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mspy
09-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Frances... we are counting the hours with you....:luck:

Cassandra86
09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, I am 16dpIUI and its a bfn.
Im out until next cycle... :(

ajf
09-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Oh, yeah! Question: Is anyone taking Folgard and a prenatal w/ 800mcg of folic acid? I've read you shouldn't exceed 1000mcgs, so I'm worried about taking both. Anyone doing that?
:hi:
folgard is folic acid with vitamin b6 and b12. docs usually recommend 1 mg. 1000mcg = 1mg, so you should ask your doc or read the label to see the amount of folic acid if you aare worried., hope that helps

MommaSammi
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I was just checking and catching up on everyone's cycles. I'm so sorry for our recent BFN's. :( :grouphug: I hope we get our BFPs very very soon!

erinlovesjake2005
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
AHHH Frances....your wait is killing me, lady! Come on :bfp:!!

francesmcruz
09-09-2008, 09:55 AM
These last three hours have bee torture.....
Will know in the next 4, though.............
Ladies, thank you so much for your support.

Let's hope the news is worth the wait.

erinlovesjake2005
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
LOL Frances! I saw that you posted and was sooooo excited to check it out! Dang the wait!!

nostoppingme
09-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I had 4 embryos. 3 were 8 cell (great) and 2 of those were graded 3 the other was graded 2. I had one 5 cell embryo graded 2. We didn't get BFP, so I meet with doc & embryologist to discuss the quality of our embryo's and what could have gone wrong???

erinlovesjake2005
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
I had 4 embryos. 3 were 8 cell (great) and 2 of those were graded 3 the other was graded 2. I had one 5 cell embryo graded 2. We didn't get BFP, so I meet with doc & embryologist to discuss the quality of our embryo's and what could have gone wrong???

I just read your story in another thread. My heart is absolutely broken for you and you are amazing to continue on. :luck: and I'm glad you are here. You will find amazing support!

francesmcruz
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
:hooray::hooray::hooray::celebrate::celebrate::cel ebrate::babydance::babydance::babydance::party::bf p::bfp::bfp:.

Yes its true.........

hCG: 331
Progesteron: 113.7

erinlovesjake2005
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
OH FRANCES!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! :hooray: :celebrate: :babydance: :stickyvibes: :cheer: :party:

mspy
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Yay Frances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party: Congratulations!!!!!

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead of you!!!

THE SMITH'S
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
are you on progesterone? wouldnt that stop the spotting anyways?

I have never had to take progesterone. So to answer your question nope not on progesterone :)So it is strange that this month no spotting before AF woohoooo I hope its a good sign!!

THE SMITH'S
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM

:( so sorry girl!!! hope next month for u :hugs:

endurer11
09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok ladies, heres one for you. Went in today for another U/S to check on the progress of my follies. Today they were smaller than yesterday!!!! How does that happen? I had a few beers last night - is that really bad? The nurse sort of yelled at me when I told her that, understandably. Maybe I need to stop drinking anything all together!? Anyways, has this ever happened to any of you? I was ordered to get back in there tomorrow to check on the follies again and some more blood work.

Tarabithia
09-09-2008, 04:52 PM
okay, Had my U/S today,,, 2 follies on left side... 23 and 17. Uterine lining is 9. He said those were great numbers. So, I did my first job, now it's up to Dh to produce :P

IUI #5 tomorrow at 11:30 am!!

Tarabithia
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh wow Jill. i have never heard of that. I don't doubt it is possible, but I have never personally heard of it. I usually try not to drink right around O time, just cause it always messes with my temps. Maybe just steer clear of the beers for a few more days :)

:hugs: and good luck!!

Fia
09-09-2008, 04:59 PM
YAY!!!!!! Frances I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!:hooray: Congratulations!!! :loveshower:

Fia
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank you ladies for your good wishes. Erin thanks for the hug... I'm also hoping for a BFP w IUI :fingerscrossed:. Like I said I'm not very hopeful due to DHs :sadsperm: .
I finally reacted today, I'm so upset, over a month of Meds with :crazy: side effects only to get cancelled 4 days before the scheduled ER. :pokey:

I'm trying not to :boohoo: and to keep my spirits up :eyeroll: for Thursday. :pray:

Flynn08
09-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear that...I know how you feel.:hugs: Good Luck next time!

Flynn08
09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Ok ladies, heres one for you. Went in today for another U/S to check on the progress of my follies. Today they were smaller than yesterday!!!! How does that happen? I had a few beers last night - is that really bad? The nurse sort of yelled at me when I told her that, understandably. Maybe I need to stop drinking anything all together!? Anyways, has this ever happened to any of you? I was ordered to get back in there tomorrow to check on the follies again and some more blood work.

Wow, I've never heard of that happening before. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow. I try to watch drinking while TTC, but so many people get pregnant without even trying that I can't imagine having a couple beers would be a deal breaker. :eyebrow:

Flynn08
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
okay, Had my U/S today,,, 2 follies on left side... 23 and 17. Uterine lining is 9. He said those were great numbers. So, I did my first job, now it's up to Dh to produce :P

Good Luck tomorrow!!

RSC
09-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Yay Frances!!:hooray:

Fia, hang in there!

Does anyone know if there is a website or anything that gives average numbers of follies, e2 levels, etc for stimming days? I have another u/s tomorrow, and I don't have any idea what numbers to expect, or if Monday's number (11 follies) was good.

Sugar&Spice
09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FRANCES! Congratulations!!! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: Yippeeeeeeeee! Stick little bean(s), stick!

nostoppingme
09-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the reply Erin. I am new to the site and the threads, but hoping to hear enough positive stories to push me to a 2nd cycle. I am much older than most of the ladies on this thread, but everyone is doing IVF so the info is great for me:-)

THE SMITH'S
09-09-2008, 10:47 PM

GOOD LUCK WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hope you have lots of little guys for tomorrow :)

FireflyRainy
09-10-2008, 05:29 AM
I hope you ladies don't mind me popping in here. I got pg with DD (4) on the first cycle of 50 mg Clomid. I have PCOS and was not ovulating every month prior to having her. I am hoping to have the same result. I am 7DPO of a 50 mg Clomid/CD3-7 cycle. My temps seem to have a mind of their own. I know some women experience higher temps while on Clomid. I think I see an implantation dip on 6DPO but as we all know that doesn't mean you're pg :( So I guess I am officially in the 1WW and just have to wait it out. Good luck to everyone and :babydust:

francesmcruz
09-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Erinlovesjake2005, mspy, sugar&spice, malf and fia, thank you for your excitement over my :bfp:.
I am really happy but scared because this is just the beginning and we all know so much can go wrong. I'm just taking it easy and praying alot.
I am also sending out a lot of prayers for all of you, that we all get blessed with BFP :babydust1:.
Tomorrow I go in for bloodwork, again to make sure all is well and my hCG has doubled.

Your support has been and continues to be AWESOME:babydust:.

avelez
09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
:bellyrubs:Frances you go girllllll!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you keep up the luck spread it around. How many did you transfer again? Good luck top us all, Ill find out on Friday!!!!!!!!!! Hey where will i find all these great design and pictures and baby dancing i love it.......alma

francesmcruz
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks, avelez.
I transferred 4 embryos.

I really wish you a positive BETA on Friday, and all the other girls a :bfp: in the very very near future.

The smilies should be next to the area where you type.

Kristen1169
09-10-2008, 09:45 AM
:hooray::hooray: Congrats Frances!

I went for my ER yesterday and they only retrieved 3 eggs. I was still positive and decided I will transfer all 3 on Thursday. The Dr just called and none fertilized. I can't believe it. My heart is broken and I can't stop crying. ALL this for nothing!
90 million sperm and he said the sperm was great and it was an egg issue. I guess our next step is looking to use donor eggs.

Kristen1169
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey Mal,

Guess I will need that shared egg donor info now :crying:

malf
09-10-2008, 10:34 AM
:hugs::hugs::hugs:My heart breaks for you, Kristen. I am so, so sorry.

And I am amazed that you have the strength to start thinking of next steps already. You are one strong woman!! I will send along the donor info shortly. BTW, I was going to PM you, but do you have it turned off? Tried to write this there, but your name didn't come up??? :hugs:

malf
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Frances, huge congratulations to you!!

Mia, Alma, sending BFP vibes, girls!

Good luck to all the stimmers and 2wwers I missed.

Baby vibes to all!

And mspy - WOW - you are a hottie!! :P Love your new pic!

francesmcruz
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Kristen, thank you.

I am so sorry my heart breaks for you.
It is so hard to be joyous when so many others are sad.
I know, I've been there.
Keep moving on, girl, because its going to happen for you, too.

erinlovesjake2005
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Kristen I am so, so sorry :ohno: I just can't believe it... :cry:

(((((HUGS))))) I hope you get something figured out with donor eggs very soon!

lisa2006
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I had my labs and U/S yesterday. She said I have 2 that are looking really good. They both measured around 1.4 on day 9. My Estridol (sp) was 550, last time on day 9 it was 190.... She doubled my Follistim this time from 100 to 200 every night. Hopefully this is going to be a better cycle than last month. I go back tomorrow for another U/S and labs. Looks like my IUI will be on Saturday if all looks good tomorrow. I hope this one works! Best of luck everyone!

Aviatrix412
09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Just wanted to pop in and wish you ladies all the Luck!! My IUI in Aug failed and the one sched for Sept 3 was canceled because on Sept 2 I thought I O'd already but I don't think I O'd at all. Must be the Clomid isn't working anymore so I go in for a consult on Sept 19. Hopefully he lets me try injectables before moving on to IVF.

Again Good Luck to everyone! We need some good news in here SOON!!!

Tarabithia
09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Good Luck tomorrow!!

GOOD LUCK WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hope you have lots of little guys for tomorrow :)

Thanks ladies!! Her's my update... IUI #5 is done. Dh's boys weren't all that great, but the Dr wanted us to try a 2nd one tomorrow, since DH's counts are so erratic, he said there is a possibility of it being higher tomorrow. So, we are praying on it. This is the first time we have done back to back IUI.

That being said... we had a long talk with Dr. Dh is going to get some bloodwork done and go see a urologist, since it seems his boys are the main problem right now. If everything comes back okay, and we don't get pg this month... the Dr pretty much said, there comes a time when you have to realize that the IUI is not working, and we need to move on to IVF (which is true, no matter how much it sucks to hear). Well, we can't afford that right now. So, if it does come to that, we will have to stop ttc through medical means, and just try naturally until we can afford IVF. It sucks, DH and I are both upset about it, but we are trying to stay positive that it will all work out in the end. Hopefully this is all just the ":talking" stage, and we won't need to worry about it after this month's IUI's :)

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers, and i really hope we are all moving out of here soon!! :hugs:

Fia
09-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Kristen,

I am so sorry....:ohno:. hang in there....:hugs:

Miabella
09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh Kristin! My heart is just breaking for you, dear! I don't have good words, but please know I'm thinking of you and sending you all the positive energy I can muster.

Fia- I'm praying that the IUI is a surprise silver lining for you!

Frances- I'm over the moon for you! Congratulation 10 times over!

Girls, as I'm writing this post I feel like I'm reminded of how incredibly up and down this journey is. Good outcomes or bad, we are all strong women who have proven our commitments to our children before we even meet them. You all deserve to be mommies and you WILL be great ones!
My beta is tomorrow...deep breaths!

RSC
09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Kristen, I am so, so sorry

BabyHopes
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
YES!!! LOL I have had a strange full feeling in my bladder since 7dpiui I go pee like 3 times a night and never use to. Strange little pulls or twitches around hair line my boobs hurt soooo bad to lay on them at night! I always spot like 3-4 days before my AF and nothing yet :celebrate: tomorrow will be 11dpiui I should start my AF by Friday BUT HOPE AF IS NOT COMING! So if I dont spot next 3 days good sign :) What about u??? You getting excited??

Those sound promising, especially the pee thing. I can't wait for you to test!

I have been optimistic and excited, but today I have been kinda down. I just don't feel pregnant. I know that is silly and that I wouldn't really feel anything yet, but still.

BabyHopes
09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
endurer11- I have heard of follies shrinking. I don't think that the beers would have had anything to do with it. I try to avoid drinking in the 2WW, but before O I'm a little more forgiving. Good luck!

Tarabithia- Your numbers look great! Good luck to you! I hope the IUI worked and you don't have to think about next steps!

lisa2006- That all sounds like good news! I'm hopeful for you this cycle (all cycles, but especially this one!)

Kristen1169
09-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Thank you ladies :hugs: You guys are so awesome and feel I am so lucky I found this forum!

Mia - Please let us know ASAP. We WILL be stalking you! Good luck, I am :pray: for you.

THE SMITH'S
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Those sound promising, especially the pee thing. I can't wait for you to test!

I have been optimistic and excited, but today I have been kinda down. I just don't feel pregnant. I know that is silly and that I wouldn't really feel anything yet, but still.

I know the feeling I felt that way this morning felt that my boobs were not sore anymore but then tonight had a strange side cramp for an hour. We will know soon!!! Hoping BFP for us both :)

mspy
09-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Kristen....I am so sorry to hear that you had to went through so much to find out that it's the egg issue. You are very strong women to quickly move on to your next option which is donor egg. Hang in there!

Fia, I hope IUI will bring you your BFP! Sprinkling baby dust all over you....

Malf, thanks for your compliments! That's actually my wedding picture so have to thank the make up artist and the nice gown and accessories that made me look "hot" that night. hehe

Mia...the suspense is killing me too. We await your update!!!

nostoppingme
09-11-2008, 05:24 AM
Oh Kristin! My heart is just breaking for you, dear! I don't have good words, but please know I'm thinking of you and sending you all the positive energy I can muster.

Fia- I'm praying that the IUI is a surprise silver lining for you!

Frances- I'm over the moon for you! Congratulation 10 times over!

Girls, as I'm writing this post I feel like I'm reminded of how incredibly up and down this journey is. Good outcomes or bad, we are all strong women who have proven our commitments to our children before we even meet them. You all deserve to be mommies and you WILL be great ones!
My beta is tomorrow...deep breaths!

Mia - I followed your story from earlier in the summer and I am praying that today you get good news :fingerscrossed:
Keep your mind and heart open as you wait on your results and know that so many are praying for you! Best of luck today! :babydust::babydust::waiting:

nostoppingme
09-11-2008, 05:32 AM
Thank you ladies :hugs: You guys are so awesome and feel I am so lucky I found this forum!

Mia - Please let us know ASAP. We WILL be stalking you! Good luck, I am :pray: for you.

Kristen - I am sorry about your results, but stay strong. Good things are bound to happen to you in the near future. Keep the prize in front of you as you move forward with the donor eggs. :hug:

francesmcruz
09-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks miabella and malf for the congratulations and your geniune happiness for me. Again, I understand everyones feelings because I've been there.

UPDATE: I went in for my 2nd BETA 1 1/2 hours ago and now I have to wait at least 4 to 8 hours for the results.

Fia
09-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Mia-Good luck today, I'm :pray:for you. Please let us know how it went!

erinlovesjake2005
09-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Mia!! :fingerscrossed: lady!! I'm :pray: this is it for you!! I can't wait to hear your update!!

Frances, I'm excited to hear about your 2nd beta also!

Kristen1169
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Hurry up Mia! The suspense is killing me!! :crazy:

avelez
09-11-2008, 10:02 AM
yes kristen im sorry my heart goes out to you,stay strong and keep the faith going.

Kristen1169
09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Thank you Alma!! :hugs:

francesmcruz
09-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Miabella, we are praying that your BETA is :bfp:........

Flynn08
09-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I had my labs and U/S yesterday. She said I have 2 that are looking really good. They both measured around 1.4 on day 9. My Estridol (sp) was 550, last time on day 9 it was 190.... She doubled my Follistim this time from 100 to 200 every night. Hopefully this is going to be a better cycle than last month. I go back tomorrow for another U/S and labs. Looks like my IUI will be on Saturday if all looks good tomorrow. I hope this one works! Best of luck everyone!

Good Luck, Lisa!!

Flynn08
09-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Tarabithia, Good Luck today on your 2nd IUI! Sorry to hear about DH's numbers. :hugs: I hope this works for you and you don't have to worry about IVF or the other stuff.

Babyhopes & Smith's- I hope you both get a BFP- how long until you test?

fisherbaby
09-11-2008, 11:11 AM
My DH and I have been TTC for almost 2 years. We started seeing our RE in January and have gone through all the tests to determine if there is an issue. Everything is OK on my end and my DH has above normal count with low volume and moderate agglutination (sp). We have began supplements for him of vitamin c, guafenesin and L-carnitine and I am taking guafenesin and we began Femara 5 mg cd3 through 7 last month. We had our first U/S today and the RE said there is only 1 egg mature and we should wait until next month for IUI. She wants to up the Femara to 12.5 mg (the max dose). Has anyone taken that amount? I am wondering if the side effects, mostly headaches, would get worse and how my ovaries might react. Our fertility issues are basically unexplained so if anyone has been on this dose I’d really appreciate some encouraging words, if there are any.

lisa2006
09-11-2008, 11:44 AM
IUI is planned for Saturday. She said my 2 best eggs were ready, but I had more close behind. I take my trigger shot tonight, I sure am dreading it lol. If it works though they can inject me with a needle the size of a pencil lol. My friend is giving it to me tonight. I can do the Follistim, but the HCG one is too big for me. I have to pep talk myself to take the small one, not sure if I could make myself do the big one. Good luck Ladies!

francesmcruz
09-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi ladies,

Just got my results back for my second beta:

BETA # 1: 331
BETA # 2: 669 :hooray:

Progesterone was 113.7 on Tuesday, today, its at 102.

The doctor said he was really happy with my results. I
go for my 3rd beta in one week, next Thursday and I go for my ultrasound on Friday, September 26, 2008.

I'm really really happy. Now I just want miabella to let us know her news which I am praying for another BFP and then a BFP for avelez tomorrow :babydust1:.

endurer11
09-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi lisa2006. I havent even looked at the trigger shot needle yet. I dont want to. I dont know when Ill get to that. Im on CD12 and my follies shrunk again on wednesday so they upped my gonal f pen from 75 units to 100 units until Saturday, then I go in for another ultra sound. I wish he had allowed me to have a stronger dose from the very beginning because even the clomid didnt do much for me either. Its early before my IUI but I already am feeling discouraged about the whole cycle. Im really just feeling like this isnt meant to be right now. Intuitively, I feel like I am competing against destiny and destiny always wins. Anyhooty - good luck with the trigger. Im thinking of you!

THE SMITH'S
09-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Tarabithia, Good Luck today on your 2nd IUI! Sorry to hear about DH's numbers. :hugs: I hope this works for you and you don't have to worry about IVF or the other stuff.

Babyhopes & Smith's- I hope you both get a BFP- how long until you test?

Today is 13dpiui I'm scared to test hahahaha after SOOOO many BFN I dont want to see another one! So I'm waiting until I'm late this time. I always start AF on day 30 or 31 and today is
CD29 wooot wooot :celebrate: I had some strange pains today by the hair line just for like 10 mins. Anyone else getting ready to test????? :noaf:

erinlovesjake2005
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM
That is GREAT news Frances!! yay! :hooray:

Miabella
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, girls. I just got the call. It is negative. I feel so beat up right now. Thanks for your hope and support. You are all terrific.

francesmcruz
09-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks, erin.

Kristen1169
09-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, girls. I just got the call. It is negative. I feel so beat up right now. Thanks for your hope and support. You are all terrific.

I am so sorry Mia :hugs:

lisa2006
09-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi lisa2006. I havent even looked at the trigger shot needle yet. I dont want to. I dont know when Ill get to that. Im on CD12 and my follies shrunk again on wednesday so they upped my gonal f pen from 75 units to 100 units until Saturday, then I go in for another ultra sound. I wish he had allowed me to have a stronger dose from the very beginning because even the clomid didnt do much for me either. Its early before my IUI but I already am feeling discouraged about the whole cycle. Im really just feeling like this isnt meant to be right now. Intuitively, I feel like I am competing against destiny and destiny always wins. Anyhooty - good luck with the trigger. Im thinking of you!

Clomid did nothing for me either. I was on it and wasted my time for too long. I hope the higher dose of meds works for you. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. My last cycle was a bad one, this one is looking so much better. I am much more hopeful this time around. Maybe things will look wonderful for you on Saturday. I wish you the best of luck!

Fia
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
oh Mia...I'm so sorry. :hugs:

Fia
09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Frances that's great news!

Kristen1169
09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Congrats to you Frances!! :hooray::hooray::hooray: Here is to a H&H 9 months!!

francesmcruz
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM

I am so sorry miabella and there is absolutely nothing I can say to make you feel better. Just know that I've been there and
I know how painful it is and I wish you the best.

erinlovesjake2005
09-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Mia, there are just no words....I'm so, so sorry. :ohno:

:hugs:

AndreaDay
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I have only taken Femara 2.5mg twice a day (5mg total) for 1 cycle. Soon I found out that I was pregnant with my first baby. My pregnancy did not last though, I was about 4-5 weeks when I miscarried. My RE wanted to put me on Prometrium before I had miscarried but he did it too late and the miscarriage came too quick. I do believe that Femara does work and allows you to ovulate. I am currently on round 2 of Femara and start my first dose tomorrow (day 3-7).

lsolt
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Hugs Dana...I am here if you need to chat. BIG HUGS to you sweetie!!

mspy
09-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Mia.....I'm so sorry :hugs: How are you doing right now?

nostoppingme
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM

Mia, I am really sorry. We all hoped for good news. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

nostoppingme
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi ladies,

Just got my results back for my second beta:

BETA # 1: 331
BETA # 2: 669 :hooray:

Progesterone was 113.7 on Tuesday, today, its at 102.

The doctor said he was really happy with my results. I
go for my 3rd beta in one week, next Thursday and I go for my ultrasound on Friday, September 26, 2008.

I'm really really happy. Now I just want miabella to let us know her news which I am praying for another BFP and then a BFP for avelez tomorrow :babydust1:.

Wow, those are great results and I'm really happy for you. :hooray:
Rhonda

Fia
09-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Alma, Good luck tomorrow. I'm :pray:for you. ..

Sugar&Spice
09-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Rhonda, welcome, and I hope you get the answers you seek ASAP! :)

Oh, Kristen, I'm so sorry. I just don't understand how that can happen. I think it's wonderful that you are moving to the next step, and I hope and :pray: that is just what you need to get your BFP on the next try. :hugs: and tons of good :vibes: to you!

Mia, oh no, I just can't believe it. I'm so, so sorry about your beta results. Sending lots and lots of :hugs: :pray: and peaceful :vibes: your way.

Alma, best of luck tomorrow. We're all behind you. :bellyrubs: girl!

Frances, those are beautiful beta #s. How wonderful!!! :hooray:

Girls, I started my injectables tonight and it wasn't too painful, but the Menopur was a tad confusing. I just couldn't seem to get the air out of the syringe before pulling in the saline, so then I wasn't sure I got enough saline. I hope I didn't totally eff it up! I'm now on a thousands vitamins, baby aspirin, antibiotics, and the injectables and my tummy is feeling a little icky. Hope that doesn't last. Sending a constant stream of good luck to everyone, even those in a holding pattern right now. :hugs:

Flynn08
09-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Today is 13dpiui I'm scared to test hahahaha after SOOOO many BFN I dont want to see another one! So I'm waiting until I'm late this time. I always start AF on day 30 or 31 and today is
CD29 wooot wooot :celebrate: I had some strange pains today by the hair line just for like 10 mins. Anyone else getting ready to test????? :noaf:

Good Luck!!

erinlovesjake2005
09-12-2008, 07:34 AM
:luck: Alma!

Elle, ya for starting! I'll be stalking you!! :woot:

Kristen1169
09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Rhonda, welcome, and I hope you get the answers you seek ASAP! :)

Oh, Kristen, I'm so sorry. I just don't understand how that can happen. I think it's wonderful that you are moving to the next step, and I hope and :pray: that is just what you need to get your BFP on the next try. :hugs: and tons of good :vibes: to you!

Mia, oh no, I just can't believe it. I'm so, so sorry about your beta results. Sending lots and lots of :hugs: :pray: and peaceful :vibes: your way.

Alma, best of luck tomorrow. We're all behind you. :bellyrubs: girl!

Frances, those are beautiful beta #s. How wonderful!!! :hooray:

Girls, I started my injectables tonight and it wasn't too painful, but the Menopur was a tad confusing. I just couldn't seem to get the air out of the syringe before pulling in the saline, so then I wasn't sure I got enough saline. I hope I didn't totally eff it up! I'm now on a thousands vitamins, baby aspirin, antibiotics, and the injectables and my tummy is feeling a little icky. Hope that doesn't last. Sending a constant stream of good luck to everyone, even those in a holding pattern right now. :hugs:

Thanks Elle!

About the air in the syringe. I did repronex, I think it's the same as Menopur. I did 1 cc of liquid into the powder. Why not pull the whole bottle up and then just express the liquid until you get to where you are supposed to be? That should get rid of the air, unless I am misunderstanding you completely lol

francesmcruz
09-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Alma, we are all praying for a BFP for you.
Please let us know when you get the "good" news............

Sugar&Spice
09-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Thank you, Erin! I'll be stalking you, too, soon enough. :cheer:

Kristen, you're a genius! Great idea. Thank you so much. I will do that next time and I'm sure it will go much more smoothly. :celebrate:

Alma, update, girl!!! :)

Cassandra86
09-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Alright so i started my cycle on Day 16 at night. So I am on day 3. I had my baseline ultrasound this morning and I am good to go. No cysts or anything. Thank goodness!

So I will be on:
Clomid 100mg CD3-CD7
Repronex 2amps CD3, CD5, CD7, CD9, CD11

Then I have my CD12 midcycle ultrasound to see where we are at.
Hopefully third times a charm right!!

Goodluck everyone :)

ajf
09-12-2008, 04:01 PM
i just got the call back from our re and we are ready to start stimming tonight!! i am so excited. i will be taking follistum and menupur, so two shots. i am okay with the one in the tummy but nervous about the booty shot...does anyone give themselves these shots? how soon will i notice the hormones?

malf
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Frances, congratulations on that second beta!! Looking gooooooooooood!!

Alma, pulling for you tomorrow.

ajf, welcome!

Elle, as long as you got all the powder you're good. Hope your tummy troubles end soon.

Mia, sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t. I got nothing else. This SUCKS. :hugs:

Sugar&Spice
09-12-2008, 06:38 PM
i just got the call back from our re and we are ready to start stimming tonight!! i am so excited. i will be taking follistum and menupur, so two shots. i am okay with the one in the tummy but nervous about the booty shot...does anyone give themselves these shots? how soon will i notice the hormones?

Yippee! We're pretty much on the same schedule, as I started last night, and the same meds (though I only do the Menopur every other day). I give them to myself, and put both in my tummy. They also said you could do them in the leg, but no booty option for me (until after stims). So far, so good with me, very little pain or anything else, but then again, I just started. Good luck!

Elle, as long as you got all the powder you're good. Hope your tummy troubles end soon.

Thanks, malf! I think I got all the powder, even if I was a little short on liquid. I have a new method, thanks to Kristen, that I'll try tomorrow.

RED ROVER, RED ROVER, SEND ALMA RIGHT OVER! GOOD LUCK!

RSC
09-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Mia, I'm so sorry.

Alma, good luck tomorrow!

I'm almost ready to trigger; I'll find out in the morning if it's tomorrow or Sunday night! Aaaack! I can't believe it's almost here!

THE SMITH'S
09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Good Luck!!

I'm getting nervous this is the first month I waited to test until Af is late hahahahahahahaha AF should have been here today or tomorrow. Hoping for BFP!

Sorry about your BFN :( hope next month is your month girl!:hugs:

avelez
09-13-2008, 07:36 AM
:hooray::hooray:Well Ladies I Am Happy To Say That I Got A Bfp Yesterday, But Before That I Cheated And I Did A Test At Home And It Was Positive As Well. Thank You All For Your Prayers And Support, I Thank You So Much. We Are So Happy To Finally Have This Work, And Im Sure It Was Because I Transfer On The 5th Day, It Was Told Alot To Me To Go For The Fifth Since On The Third Is Harder For Them To Stick. Ill Keep You Posted Need To Go Back Tomorrow To Check My Levels...... ;-).................alma:celebrate::bellyrubs::hug:: clap::party::rockon::bfp::bfp::babyflip::belly3:

avelez
09-13-2008, 07:39 AM
:sun::bfp::babydance::babydance::babydance::lovesh ower::babydust::nursetwins::babybum::crib::strolle r1::storkboy::storkbaby: IM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!! I WISH THE SAME FOR YOU ALL KEEP THE FAITH STRONG!!!!!!!!!!......ALMA

ajf
09-13-2008, 08:46 AM
sugar&Spice~:hi: i am excited to have a cycle buddy!!! as for last night the shots went great!! i did not even feel the booty shot my hubby did a great job, HERE WE GO!:hooray:

alverez~:celebrate::bfp:!!!

rsc~ so excited for your trigger and er!!:babydust:

mspy
09-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Woo hoo! Another BFP this month! Congrats Alma! :party:

I am so jealous right now :P

erinlovesjake2005
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Yay Alma!!! :party: :babydance: :woot: :celebrate:

Sugar&Spice
09-13-2008, 12:11 PM
C:DNGRATULATIONS, ALMA!!! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: That's such great news! Yippeeeeeeeeee! :party:

ajf, cycle buddies! Awesome! Which one do you do in the booty, and why?

RSC, so exciting that you're about to trigger! Did the stimming go by quickly? Best of luck w/ your ER. Go, eggies, go! :)

francesmcruz
09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Alma, I'm so happy 4 you :hooray::hooray::celebrate::celebrate:.
When I got up this morning, I checked to see if you had posted.
You hadn't yet, so I mention my fiance that I hope everything went good for you.

That is so awesome. I can't wait to see more of the ladies on TTC post that they are BFP too.

What was your 1st Beta results?
When do you go for your 2nd Beta?

Flynn08
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm getting nervous this is the first month I waited to test until Af is late hahahahahahahaha AF should have been here today or tomorrow. Hoping for BFP!

Sorry about your BFN :( hope next month is your month girl!:hugs:

Thanks, I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Flynn08
09-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Alright so i started my cycle on Day 16 at night. So I am on day 3. I had my baseline ultrasound this morning and I am good to go. No cysts or anything. Thank goodness!

So I will be on:
Clomid 100mg CD3-CD7
Repronex 2amps CD3, CD5, CD7, CD9, CD11

Then I have my CD12 midcycle ultrasound to see where we are at.
Hopefully third times a charm right!!

Goodluck everyone :)

Good Luck to you...I hope this will be the cycle you get a BFP!

AuntAlli
09-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I go in for IUI tomorrow!

Fia
09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Congrats Alma!!!!!:yeehaw::clap::cheer::party:

I'm so happy for you!!!

lisa2006
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
I had my 3rd IUI today. My doctor said my cycle this time was "perfect" and everything looked great. She was very optimistic that I would have my BFP soon. Best of luck to everyone!

Fia
09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Elle & ajf - Good luck with your stimming. Go folloies go! Here is to a successful ER soon. :celebrate:

RCS - Goof luck with your trigger and ER!:hugs:

On Thursday we had our IUI due to my cancelled IVF. It didn't look good, after the wash, only a few spermies were visible, chances are so so low. I didn't want to go through with it but Dr. insisted, it only takes one he said. I'm :pray::pray::pray:. Now we wait... Dr. said we have to wait till November to start again, said i need to get all the drugs out of my system. Does this sound right?

Sylvia

endurer11
09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone! I just took my trigger shot and we go in on monday morning for our first IUI! Wish us luck and good luck to all of you! :)

THE SMITH'S
09-13-2008, 11:18 PM
My first IUI did not work started AF today :headbang::headbang:

Miabella
09-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Congratulations, Alma. Best of luck to you!

ajf
09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
sugar&spice~ i take the follistim (600) 75 sq, and the menopur 2 vials im every day at night. i know menopur is usually given sq but can also be given im. i am not sure why my re prescribed it this way. do you think it is unusual? i know absorption is slower with im maybe that is why i will have to ask at my next appointment. are you having any side effects yet? i do not know if it is in my head, but i am feeling really tired. last night my hubby and i went to a movie and i almost fell asleep!!

BabyHopes
09-14-2008, 11:19 AM
THE SMITH'S- So sorry it didn't work! I hope your BFP is right around the corner.

Flynn- I'm sorry, I just saw your earlier questions. I will test on the 19th.

Good Luck AuntAlli, endurer11, lisa2006, and Tarabithia!

AuntAlli
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I went in early this morning for my first IUI. Some mild cramping, but other than that, it was fine. Hoping this is the real thing!

RSC
09-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Alma, congrats!!

Sylvia, I'm keeping my fingers crossed--the doc's right, it only takes one!

Mspy--aren't you doing a transfer soon?

Mia, how are you? Are you starting to think about the snowbabies, or is it too soon? Malf, what about you? What are your next steps?

Erin--I'm sure the days feel loooonnngg right now, but it will be here before you know it!

ajf, welcome! I was tired too when I started the Follistem and Menopur, but I think my body adjusted to it.

And Elle, the stimming FLEW by. I can't believe it's time already!

My update: I triggered last night at midnight with 12 follies ready; I go in TOMORROW (!!) for ER. Please send good vibes my way!

Sugar&Spice
09-14-2008, 01:12 PM
RSC, ACKKKK! Good luck w/ the ER tomorrow, chica!!! Sending tons of good vibes your way! :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

ajf, I didn't know that you could do Menopur IM, so that's my confusion. I'm on 375 IU Follistim daily and 75 IU Menopur (1 vial) every other day. It's so interesting how different everyone's protocol is. I'm assuming it has to do with age and hormone levels and all that jazz, but every single one I've seen is different. Let's just hope that we all have exactly the right protocol for success :bellyrubs:!

Sylvia, thank you! I'm :pray: :pray: :pray: for you, too! Maybe one or two of those spermies are really determined, and when you get PG, you can tell everyone the story of SuperSperm! :hero: As for the waiting, I don't know. I know they want to be able to control your cycle and do it on the schedule they think is best, so maybe that's what's going on.

mspy, how are you feeling? Great, I hope! :)

Erin, I'm excited that you'll be starting soon. I hope to be sharing a Due Date room with you! :hugs:

malf, Mia, and Kristen :grouphug:!!!

Alma and Frances, please send some :babydust: and tons of :bellyrubs: vibes our way! :)

erinlovesjake2005
09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
RSC - It is AMAZING that you are ready for retrieval already! :woot: I'll be :pray: for lots of mature eggies!!

Elle - I'm getting so excited for you, dawling! :hugs: Grow eggies grow! And I would be absolutely thrilled to share a DD room with you or any of the IVFers!

Alma & Frances - I'm still over the moon for you guys! You have both been through so much!

Mia, Malf, & Kristen - I can't seem to get you guys off my mind. I hope you are all hanging in there. I can't begin to imagine the emotions... :comfort: We are here for you guys!

Mspy - I'm curious about your status too! Any updates?

Fia - I'm hoping and praying for your IUI to be successful! I know there are a few people on here who had a canceled IVF cycle, went on to IUI, and got their miracle baby! :pray: this is the case for you!

ajf - :luck: with everything! Come on eggies, grow grow grow!!

I'm going crazy waiting to start! :crazy: I'm the last one right? I hope I don't let you guys down!! :hugs: Thank you guys all for thinking of me!

bostongirl
09-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Has anyone gotten pregnant on 150mg of clomid? I am worried that because I am on such a high dose it will be harder for me to get pregnant. That said this is the first time in eight months since I went of BCP I ovulated so I am happy none the less.

malf
09-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Alma, congratulations and H&H 9 mos!!! :hooray::hooray::hooray:

RSC, sending big fat eggie vibes to you for tomorrow!!!

:hugs: and BFP vibes to all!!!

avelez
09-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Baby Dust And Vibes Over To You All,we Need Lots Of Babies Here!!!!
Afm- I Went To Doctors Today To Check My Levels And Blood Work Came Out 151 Is That A Good Number? The Doctor Said Its Good, I Go Back On Thursday For Blood Work And Check Again. Good Luck To Us All......alma

francesmcruz
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Hello ladies,

I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about all of you and praying that you ALL get [B]BFP[B]really soon. I am really praying for that.

I'm just trying to relax and not stress. I can't wait for Thursday to already be here so that I can do my 3rd beta to make sure my baby is growing properly.

Alma, as long as you numbers doubled or close to it, since your last beta, you are doing good.

Frances :bellyrubs::bellyrubs:

endurer11
09-14-2008, 05:49 PM
AuntAlli,
Are there any preparations before hand? I wasnt instructed to do anything other than arrive with me, my hubby and his sample.

stacie
09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am new here and have been lurking around.I love this site! We have been trying to concieve for a couple of years with two m/c. So I had an visit to the RE where I started clomid 50mg then I had my first IUI on sept.7th and the trigger shot on the fifth. Does anyone know how long you have to wait to take a hpt?
Thanks,
Stacie

BabyHopes
09-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Stacie, first, Welcome! I was told to wait 14 days past trigger shot or 13 days past IUI. Good Luck!

endurer11
09-15-2008, 09:23 AM
I just had my IUI today. Typically its the same as if your trying to concieve through natural relations. You still have to wait for the implantation and then the increase in the pregnancy hormone. So weeks after an IUI is the same time a woman would normally expect a period. I have an appointment for blood test 2 weeks from tomorrow. Heres to the 2WW!!! Good luck!

AuntAlli
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Nope all you need is his sample and you're good to go

AuntAlli
09-15-2008, 09:40 AM
AuntAlli,
Are there any preparations before hand? I wasnt instructed to do anything other than arrive with me, my hubby and his sample.

Nope all you need is his sample and you're good to go.

ajf
09-15-2008, 10:11 AM
RSC ::luck: on your er!!
lots of mature eggs!

:babydust1: to everyone!

avelez
09-15-2008, 10:52 AM
:celebrate:thanks Frances, it was friday-74 and i went on sunday it was 151 i go for my third one on Thursday too!!!!!!!!!! i would like to know how many im carrying.Good luck everyone baby dust to all!:bellyrubs:

stacie
09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks girls. So now I guess I could just continue the dreaded 2ww

avelez
09-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Frances what are your numbers?

francesmcruz
09-15-2008, 11:19 AM
1st beta on 09/09/08 was 331
2nd beta on 09/11/08 was 669

According to my calculations, they should be around 8000 on Thursday.

francesmcruz
09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
RSC, we are anxiously awaiting your ER results.
Hoping for lots of follicles you way.............

avelez
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Id wonder why mine is so low. i hope its nothing wrong, they said dont worry i was doing good.

endurer11
09-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Your not alone in the 2 WW. :)
So dh's sample was not so great today. Low motility and low count. we have been bd'ing alot so I think that may be why. Also, the sample was 1.5 hours old by the time we got to the facility. Anyone have any ideas on if 19mill is extremely low? :(

Kristen1169
09-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the kind words all :)

Congrats Alma!! :hooray::hooray:

lisa2006
09-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I am in my 2ww also! Good luck Ladies!

AuntAlli
09-15-2008, 03:48 PM
So dh's sample was not so great today. Low motility and low count. we have been bd'ing alot so I think that may be why. Also, the sample was 1.5 hours old by the time we got to the facility. Anyone have any ideas on if 19mill is extremely low? :(

When I looked online it said that normal sperm is 20million-150million or something like that. So that's not that low at all.

ryanshopefor08
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi, I just posted my long journey thru IUI under struggling to conceive until I was led to come visit here with fellow IUIers. I completed my 8th IUI last week w/injectables and on the dreaded 1ww. I can go for bloodwork on friday. I've was having slight/dullcramping a bit last week (wayyyy early for AF) and today i was experiencing a bit of pinching an inch or so under my belly button slightly to the left. Anyone else every experience that? Just wanted to pop in and say Hi and look forward to chatting with all of you :)

Flynn08
09-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Babyhopes, Jill, Alli, Lisa, Jenn and anybody else that I may have missed- Good Luck this cycle!!
Smiths, sorry about the BFN.

Wow- lots of people in here lately- hopefully we'll get lots of BFPs soon!

endurer11
09-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Ryanshope - is this your first IUI with injectables? If so, what did you use in the prior 7 months?

Oh and does having MTHFR affect fertility? What is MTHFR?

shouston26
09-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Hope it's ok for me to join. We just found out last Thursday that we need to move to IVF. We're planning late November, early December. I'd love to do it ASAP, but we have been planning a trip to Hawaii for 9 months now (November 10th - 17th), and really want to enjoy the trip before we jump head first into the IVF world.

After 12 months of failed cycles with our RE, we decided to change doctors in August. So glad we did! Apparently our previous doctor didn't do all of the necessary tests, and it turns out that my DH has a low morphology rate (7, and 14 or above is normal). So, we bascially wasted 12 months, and $15,000 on treatment that would have never worked. I'm trying to let that go, and be happy that we know the cause. I also have PCOS.

I've learned so much from you ladies (thread stalker here). Because of you, I'm not afraid of what waits us on this journey, and for that, I wanted to say thank you.

I wish you all the best of luck.

BabyHopes
09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
endurer11- My clinic wants to see 20 million, so that's not that off and remember, it only takes one.

Ryanshopefor08- Welcome and good luck. I'm in the 1WW with you and going crazy with all sorts of feelings and suspicions. Trying not to be too optimisitic. KWIM? I think the feelings your describing sound good though. I'm hopeful for you.

ryanshopefor08
09-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi, :)

endurer11-this is my second month with injectables. We did the injectables in May with a good outlook (11 follies) and I got a BFN. We took the summer of for my sanity and this was our 2nd time trying with the injectables. I was doing 325 ius of Follistim and Tamofixen. Once i had my follicle study i continued the follistim and also started ganirelix. I then did the Noveral 36 hours prior to the IUI and started the heparin as well. During this whole process I have also started a vitamin cocktail of high dosages of Folic Acid, B6, B12 and Baby aspirin. MTHFR is a DNA blood mutation. Women are using diagonosed with this or go for blood work to test for that after multiple miscarriages. I am not having that problem since I am not even getting pregnant but I insisted on those blood tests and indeed it came back that I had that along with another blood clotting disorder, hence the reason I started the heparin and progestrone so if fertilization occurs I have a better chance of implantation. I am hoping with this formula I am doing now it will do the trick! Crazy, isn't it!! :)

babyhopes-thanks for the encouraging words...I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for a BFP for you!!!!!

RSC
09-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words, ladies.
ER went well, he got 12 eggs!:hooray:
Now I'm resting and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, hoping those little eggies fertilize! Please send more good vibes my way--so far the good vibes are working great!

As Is
09-15-2008, 08:12 PM
So my first IUI is sometime this week.I'm getting kind of nervous. I'm thinking now it will be Thursday. I'm hoping for Friday so that there is a chance my DH can be there. Dh does not produce sperm due to a childhood illness so we are using donor sperm. The swimmer are on their way and at this point I'm stressed about if something happens and they don't arrive on time. They've always arrived a day early in the past but it would just be the perfect time for them to show up late since we planned for IUI this month. DH is student teaching and can not miss class for anything but has seminars on Fridays that offer more freedom. I do have a friend ready to go along with me if he can't make it. We were laughing last night because I didn't even think about theh fact that someone is going to have to carry the dewar with it's big label through the hospital to the clinic I go to. :crazy: I can just imagine the reception my friend and I will get. Fortunately, DH and I laugh...a lot...so no matter what, we'll keep on laughing and taking the experiences as they come along. Anyway...here's to first time jitters and all the things that keep the TTC journey interesting!

Sugar&Spice
09-15-2008, 08:24 PM
:welcome: Shannon! Sounds like a good plan re: Hawaii. Enjoy yourself and then jump in with both feet! Good luck on your journey... :)

RSC, that's wonderful! 12 is awesome. I'm sending plenty more :pray::pray::pray: and :vibes::vibes::vibes: your way for gorgeous, perfectly fertilized eggies! If you have lots of good ones, have you decided how many to put back?

:hugs: to all!

ryanshopefor08
09-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Faith-best of luck to you this week with your first IUI. I remember last year when I went thru my first IUI, I had all those jitters as well. Look forward to seeing you get a BFP!! :)

lillybearsmom
09-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi ladies!!! I am new to this forum...
I just did my 2 rounds of IUI with my third cycle of clomid. I am in my 2ww! I had 3 eggs and 28 million spermies! Hope that this will be it! :)

lillybearsmom
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey ryanshopefor08!

What exactly is MTHFR and what are some of the symptoms?...I started ttc at the same time you did!

Kristen1169
09-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Welcome Shannon! I am jealous. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but the flight is stopping me. It's a great group of ladies here and we have all been through alot so I am sure one of us can answer any question or concerns. IVF will be here before you know it!!

RSC - Good luck and I hope all those eggies fertilize to make you tons of snow babies! Keep us posted!

THE SMITH'S
09-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi ladies!!! I am new to this forum...
I just did my 2 rounds of IUI with my third cycle of clomid. I am in my 2ww! I had 3 eggs and 28 million spermies! Hope that this will be it! :)

:hooray::hooray: Cant wait for your BFP this month!!! :hooray: Let me know tomorrow about your appointment I will do the same :winks: Love ya LC hahahaha:crazy:

francesmcruz
09-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Id wonder why mine is so low. i hope its nothing wrong, they said dont worry i was doing good.

alma, your beta is not low at all.
The nurse at my doctors office told me that they were happy with any number over 50, even though any number over 5 is considered pregnant.
I just had a higher number this time. I'm kinda hoping for twins, but, thats asking for too much. I just want a healthy baby and a healthy full term pregnancy. It is so scary though. Every little thing worries me. For instance, this morning I woke up and my boobies didn't hurt, so I am automatically thinking "maybe I'm not pregnant". I cannot wait for my bloodwork on Thursday.

francesmcruz
09-16-2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words, ladies.
ER went well, he got 12 eggs!:hooray:
Now I'm resting and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, hoping those little eggies fertilize! Please send more good vibes my way--so far the good vibes are working great!

That is awesome, RSC!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they all fertilize and are excellent quality.
How many are you thinking of tranferring?
When are you doing your ET?

ryanshopefor08
09-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Hey Lilybearmom-MTHFR is a DNA mutation in the blood. About 30% of the population has it. They usually test for it after you have multiple miscarriages. For me, that wasn't the case as I am not even getting pregnant but I insisted I wanted the testing done. People who have MTHFR are more likely to miscarry. God forbid I finally got pregnant not knowing I had this condition and after all this time miscarried. And its simple to "fix" the problem so to speak. They put you on high dosages of Folic Acid, B6, B12 and a baby aspirin. Also in the testing I found out i had 2 other blood conditions that make me a candidate for blood clotting-crazy! If I never had these tests done I would have never known. So, I am thinking I may be getting to fertilization but having a problem with implantation. I have gone on heparin twice a day to thin the blood as well as progestrone twice a day to help with implantation. I never heard of this until I read a book over the summer and the author mentioned this. The books name is The Infertility Survivial Guide. I don't know the author off hand as I am letting someone borrow the book right now. Its a GREAT book though. :)

avelez
09-16-2008, 07:47 AM
:hi:Good Luck Shouston, when it doesnt work for a while its good to go for second opinion, Welcome:celebrate:

avelez
09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Frances that will be nice twins, did you transfer on the 5th day? Try to transfer on 5th day request that to the doctors and they can keep you longer on the meds to keep them going that way they are bigger and stronger this is for anyone going through ivf just a thought thats what helped me this time.......Alma

ajf
09-16-2008, 08:45 AM
:welcome: shousten

rsc my thoughts are with you :pray: lots of perfect fertalized eggies!!!

well i am on my fifth day of stims, and feeling really tired still! i took a two hour nap yesterday and fell asleep at nine last night! today when i woke up im feeling a little sore and a little bloated. i go in tommorrow for an ultrasound and more bloodwork, hopefully everything is going great.

francesmcruz
09-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Frances that will be nice twins, did you transfer on the 5th day? Try to transfer on 5th day request that to the doctors and they can keep you longer on the meds to keep them going that way they are bigger and stronger this is for anyone going through ivf just a thought thats what helped me this time.......Alma

I did a 3 day transfer. My previous cycles were 3 days, too.
I always thought that the doctors made the decision on whether it should be a 3 or 5 day transfer.

lillybearsmom
09-16-2008, 09:26 AM
WOW!!! That is very interesting! Thanks for the info. I see my doc today and will ask about it...
Maybe this was fate! You just happened to stumble on this info in a book you read and insisted on being tested. It's a good thing you did! Maybe that's all you needed...now you'll get your BFP! :bellyrubs:

Nicole

Hey Lilybearmom-MTHFR is a DNA mutation in the blood. About 30% of the population has it. They usually test for it after you have multiple miscarriages. For me, that wasn't the case as I am not even getting pregnant but I insisted I wanted the testing done. People who have MTHFR are more likely to miscarry. God forbid I finally got pregnant not knowing I had this condition and after all this time miscarried. And its simple to "fix" the problem so to speak. They put you on high dosages of Folic Acid, B6, B12 and a baby aspirin. Also in the testing I found out i had 2 other blood conditions that make me a candidate for blood clotting-crazy! If I never had these tests done I would have never known. So, I am thinking I may be getting to fertilization but having a problem with implantation. I have gone on heparin twice a day to thin the blood as well as progestrone twice a day to help with implantation. I never heard of this until I read a book over the summer and the author mentioned this. The books name is The Infertility Survivial Guide. I don't know the author off hand as I am letting someone borrow the book right now. Its a GREAT book though. :)

Kristen1169
09-16-2008, 09:28 AM
I did a 3 day transfer. My previous cycles were 3 days, too.
I always thought that the doctors made the decision on whether it should be a 3 or 5 day transfer.

I think every Dr has thier own opinion. I have read on here that some have a 5 day b/c they "stick" better and my dr told me they always try and do 3 day tranfers b/c the uterus is a much better home than a dish so who knows?!

lillybearsmom
09-16-2008, 09:29 AM
:hooray::hooray: Cant wait for your BFP this month!!! :hooray: Let me know tomorrow about your appointment I will do the same :winks: Love ya LC hahahaha:crazy:

HEIDI!!!!!!

Whatcha doin in here girl! You are so funny! LOL :celebrate:
I will let you know how things went at doc's office today....I HOPE that I released all 3 eggs! Keep your fingers crossed!!!
:hi:

ryanshopefor08
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
WOW!!! That is very interesting! Thanks for the info. I see my doc today and will ask about it...
Maybe this was fate! You just happened to stumble on this info in a book you read and insisted on being tested. It's a good thing you did! Maybe that's all you needed...now you'll get your BFP! :bellyrubs:

Nicole

Hey Nicole-yes, you should ask your doctor about it. It doesn't hurt. My doctor didn't think I needed the test, but I had to know. Everything was checking out fine with me but I just had a feeling, sure enough! I'm surprised more doctors don't check these things out from the get go. Keep me posted on your progress!!! :bellyrubs:

erinlovesjake2005
09-16-2008, 10:13 AM
RSC! Yay for your eggies, girl!

I have heard the benefit for a 5 day transfer is that they can see which embies are progressingly nicely and it is preferable if you have more than four embies. That way they put the very best quality ones back. If you only have one or two embies, they will do a 2 or 3 day transfer because your uterus IS a better home for them than the dish in the lab and they will probably transfer both anyway. That is just what I was told at our IVF conference with our RE.

:luck: to all you stimmers!!

malf
09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome, Shannon!!

Nice work, RSC!!! When do you get the fert report? Sending good thoughts your way!

ajf, tired and bloated? Sounds like you're right on track! :winks:

My RE is a huge pusher of 5 or 6 day transfers. He says that sometimes the embie that looks best on day 3 isn't the best blast on day 5 or 6. We tranferred one on day 6, but had two strong enough to make it to day 7 before freezing. Hoping one of those is a really tough cookie....

:babydust:

francesmcruz
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi Shouston,

I too wanted to welcome you aboard and wish you success with IVF.
Just so that you know, this requires patience and a lot of prayers. Just know that you can come to APA for support and please keep us updated on your latest because we, too, need to hear it, even if its discouraging, but, especially when its going good :babydust:.

Frances :bellyrubs:

Sugar&Spice
09-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello to all my IVF Sisters! I went in today to check my progress and I had 8 follicles. There were 3 on the right, where I previously had the cyst: sizes 9, 10, and 12. There were 5 on the left (my "good" ovary"): sizes 12, 13, 13, 13, and 14. I feel good about it. I asked to make sure that wasn't too few and the sizes weren't too small and was told that anywhere between 7 and 12 follies is good (and, of course, more is great). They're upping my meds for the next 2 days and starting the Ganirelix, so that'll be 3 injections for the next 2 days. (Honestly, I'd do 70 injections a day if it got me a baby!) Then I go back on Thursday for another check. Wish me luck, girls! I'm getting close! :celebrate:

erinlovesjake2005
09-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Elle you are getting soooooooooo close! :woot:

:pray: for you, girl!!!

francesmcruz
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello to all my IVF Sisters! I went in today to check my progress and I had 8 follicles. There were 3 on the right, where I previously had the cyst: sizes 9, 10, and 12. There were 5 on the left (my "good" ovary"): sizes 12, 13, 13, 13, and 14. I feel good about it. I asked to make sure that wasn't too few and the sizes weren't too small and was told that anywhere between 7 and 12 follies is good (and, of course, more is great). They're upping my meds for the next 2 days and starting the Ganirelix, so that'll be 3 injections for the next 2 days. (Honestly, I'd do 70 injections a day if it got me a baby!) Then I go back on Thursday for another check. Wish me luck, girls! I'm getting close! :celebrate:

Elle, good luck. Wishing you tons of big follies.

RSC
09-16-2008, 08:29 PM
10 fertilized!!:hooray:

Actually, all 12 fertilized, but two of them were invaded by extra spermies so aren't good anymore (I TOLD my DH his swimmers were too good! My last ectopic wasn't even supposed to happen, b/c that tube was completely blocked, but his super-spermies bullied their way in!)

I'm trying not to get too excited about any one step, just take this one hurdle at a time. That said, hearing that 10 fertilized was a relief.

Now, I keep my fingers crossed that they do what they are supposed to do. They will call me back on Thursday morning with an update, so I have another looooong day ahead of me! If the embies look good on Thursday, they will do a 5 day transfer and I will put 2 back. If they don't look good, I will transfer on Thursday (and the number will be determined closer to the time).

Thanks for all your support, ladies. I'll keep you posted!
(and YAY, Elle! You're almost there!)

Fia
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
10 fertilized!!:hooray:

Actually, all 12 fertilized, but two of them were invaded by extra spermies so aren't good anymore (I TOLD my DH his swimmers were too good! My last ectopic wasn't even supposed to happen, b/c that tube was completely blocked, but his super-spermies bullied their way in!)

I'm trying not to get too excited about any one step, just take this one hurdle at a time. That said, hearing that 10 fertilized was a relief.

Now, I keep my fingers crossed that they do what they are supposed to do. They will call me back on Thursday morning with an update, so I have another looooong day ahead of me! If the embies look good on Thursday, they will do a 5 day transfer and I will put 2 back. If they don't look good, I will transfer on Thursday (and the number will be determined closer to the time).

Thanks for all your support, ladies. I'll keep you posted!
(and YAY, Elle! You're almost there!)

All Right!!! 10 is a great number! I'm sending :pray::stickyvibes::babydust:

Fia
09-16-2008, 09:15 PM
:welcome: Shannon! you will find out, This is a great group of women that are so strong and supportive.

Fia
09-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Ladies, thank you so much for your kind words, really don't now how I would be surviving this with you. The first I do when i get home from work is read your messages. :hugs: to everyone.

Erin, Thanks for the prayers, I also hope this works out.

Elle, Thanks so much for your last message, you made me lol. I hope that super spermie has made its way by now. ....You're getting so close, I'm so excited for you! I know what you mean about the shots, I would also give myself 70 shots for a baby. I'm sending lots of :pray: Grow Folloies Grow.

Sugar&Spice
09-16-2008, 09:41 PM
RSC, 10!!! That's amazing and exciting and wonderful!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm sending tons of :pray: your way that all 10 divide and end up big, strong, and beautiful on Thursday. When I'm going in for my next appt on Thursday AM, I'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Fia, being willing to take 70 shots a day in order to have a baby should at least earn us a little good baby karma! :)

avelez
09-17-2008, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=malf;1262755]Welcome, Shannon!!

My RE is a huge pusher of 5 or 6 day transfers. He says that sometimes the embie that looks best on day 3 isn't the best blast on day 5 or 6. We tranferred one on day 6, but had two strong enough to make it to day 7 before freezing. Hoping one of those is a really tough cookie....

your right on that the 5th day they can pick them better since they are older,stronger,bigger. I just question the doctor on that since it was my third cycle doctor agree and said they will raise my dose,keep me on stims longer so they grow more and so it worked, i transfer 3 and three made it to freeze but we didnt freeze them, so please bring it up to your doctors it will be a better chance, those who get prego on third day transfer that is a bigger miracle.:bellyrubs:

avelez
09-17-2008, 07:46 AM

Elle ask the doctors if he can have the follies go over 20 and do transfer at 5th day it be better chance.....good luck

avelez
09-17-2008, 07:56 AM
:hooray::bellyrubs::hug::sun::rockon::waiting:: ::bfp::loveshower::babydust::babydust::itsagirl::s ling2::sling3::babyflip::belly3::buggy::storkboy:: storkbaby:Good Luck To Us All, Lets Have Babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erinlovesjake2005
09-17-2008, 08:31 AM
RSC! That is great, lady!! :celebrate:

Grow embies, GROW!!

malf
09-17-2008, 08:49 AM
D@mn , RSC, you are an embie-making machine!!! Grow, babies, grow!!!!

Elle, sending follie maturing vibes your way!!

Good luck to everyone else stimming or waiting and baby dust to all!!!

francesmcruz
09-17-2008, 10:11 AM
RSC, that is great news!!!!!!

Elle, tells those follies to keep growing. We are cheering them on:clap:.

ajf
09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
rsc :clap: wow that is great news!!

sugar&spice grow follies grow!!! :cheer:

i went in this am and had 11 follies they measured from 9 -16. i am so excited everything is looking good!! just praying it continues to look good....getting close!!!:hooray:

:babydust: everyone!!

francesmcruz
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
ajf, you are almost there too.
You and elle are going to be retrieving and transferring around the same time. Thats great!!!!!!!!!

juliet0778
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Nope...I know ladies whose DH's counts were as low as 2 million. Nineteen is lower than average, but our RE told us that there is some evidence that men can father a baby at 15 million. Under that, it's not terribly likely. (And of course my guy is at 14 million, so we're borderline.)

As a separate question...I am undecided yet as to whether to do IUI. We don't know if it'll even be an option, as DH's morphology is basically at 0%. I don't want to do a bunch of injectable drugs and crazy hormones and all of that. Clomid type drugs is about all I'm willing to try. Will they do an IUI with no stimulating drugs and/or just Clomid??

lisa2006
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Nope...I know ladies whose DH's counts were as low as 2 million. Nineteen is lower than average, but our RE told us that there is some evidence that men can father a baby at 15 million. Under that, it's not terribly likely. (And of course my guy is at 14 million, so we're borderline.)

As a separate question...I am undecided yet as to whether to do IUI. We don't know if it'll even be an option, as DH's morphology is basically at 0%. I don't want to do a bunch of injectable drugs and crazy hormones and all of that. Clomid type drugs is about all I'm willing to try. Will they do an IUI with no stimulating drugs and/or just Clomid??

My doctor will do an IUI with Clomid and a trigger. Best of luck to you. I really didn't get good results from Clomid. I did IUI with Follistim and a trigger and it worked for us last time on our first try after STC for years. I am in my 2ww wait now for pregnancy #2 (IUI #3 on inj's), hope it works.

Best of luck everyone!

endurer11
09-17-2008, 04:36 PM
And I know of a friend who did an IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot and concieved her happy healthy son. :)

buck2429
09-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your stories. Reading all of your stories makes me feel hopeful. I will be having my first IUI done next cycle which is in a couple weeks. After 3 cycles of clomid, 1 1/2 years of TTC and endo,I am very excited but scared. Definately tired of the disappointing test results and trying to stay positive. I hope my story will have a happy ending also. :pray: I wish all of you healthy pregnancies and easy deliveries.

Krissy J
09-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi all

I am going to be doing an iui in November for the first time due to 3 m/c caused by mthfr. Has any one had any luck with the first IUI? I am so nervous and anxious.:confused::pray::pray:

As Is
09-17-2008, 10:48 PM
So... I poas 2x/day for the last 3 days. First day, both obviously negetive. Second day, getting darker and today was + @ 12:30pm but the one I took @ 4:45 was questionable. Soooooo...I went and bought some $$$$ digital (really, the chocolate I bought to go with it didn't help the sticker factor at all...stinkin halloween candy). I had to pee super bad by the time I got home so I wasted that stick.
I go for IUI tomorrow @ 11:30 but I'm worried that I'll have missed O by then. All of my body signs point to the fact that I'm ovulating. I was bloated with a sore (.) this AM and I've been having pretty good left side cramping for the last hour.
IDK. What should I do?!?!?
:pokey:

endurer11
09-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi all

I am going to be doing an iui in November for the first time due to 3 m/c caused by mthfr. Has any one had any luck with the first IUI? I am so nervous and anxious.:confused::pray::pray:

HI. First let me say that there is nothing to be anxious about. Relax. Take a deep breath. You have lots of time to talk with us. Although I dont know yet if my first try is successful lrt me reassure you that the actual IUI is equal to getting a pap smear. Its no biggie. What are you anxious about?

ryanshopefor08
09-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Hi~ Yes, they will definitely do an IUI with just Clomid. My first 4 IUI's were clomid (they just upped my dosage each time). Next 2 IUI's were on Femara, 1 was on no meds since it was after a stimulated cycle and 2 were on injectables. Try it with the Clomid, for many people Clomid and a IUI does the trick. Best of Luck :)

smithta3
09-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi - I am popping in on this thread. I just had my yearly exam and my doctor put me on Clomid, well she didn't put me on it, she offered it to "help" me get P (I O on my own BTW); and proceeded to say it could cause multiple births (who cares - I'm a twin, it would be so fun!)!!!

DH and I BD occassionally (LITERALLY!)I hate it, so when we do BD, I make sure (and :pray:) that it's when I'm O. So, I'll have to :pokey: DH tonight and tomorrow because today is my Most Fertile Day and tomorrow is my last day, so hopefully something will happen....if not, then I'll start the clomid next month and hope for a :bfp: within the next couple of months. She gave me 15 pills, I think that's enough for 3 months, if I take them on CD5-9. Which would be really good, because I would :wub: to be P by the end of the year!:hooray: Let's all :pray: for those :bfp:!!:silly:

If you are were taking clomid, how many cycles before you got your :bfp:? Just curious.

As Is
09-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi all

I go for my first today and I'm SUPER anxious. I'm taking my best friend with me as a hand holder. Really I just don't want to be alone. I have past abuse issues so it takes alot to get through any gyno appt. I totally broke down during my HSG just because of nerves and past trauma. But, the doctors have always been amazing and they've seen pretty much everything and seem to always go at the pace you need to be comfortable. Good luck with this new chapter!!

Cassandra86
09-18-2008, 08:58 AM
This cycle seems to be going freaking slow haha.
Maybe I am noticing the time more because I am getting over a cold and so I havent been doing much other then resting.

I am on CD 9, and I have 2 more days of repronex injections (tonight and on CD11) then I will have my midcycle scan to see where we will go from there on CD12.

Lets hope we have at least 2 mature fat follies!!

Goodluck all you IUI'ers!! Im complaining about the "pre-2ww" but I know how sucky the 2ww is! lol.

francesmcruz
09-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Whats going on, girls?
Its been almost 24 hours since anyone has written anything on this thread.

alma, I believe today you are waiting for your 3rd beta results, like I am..........

erin, two weeks and you start.

Kristen, mspy, mia, malf, fia, alf, Robin, ajf,Sugar&Spice,
and anyone else I might have missed, what's going on with you?

Mad Max
09-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Ladies I'm back

Insurance approval arrived, so I finish the BCP on 28th September and start stimming 10/4 .. no change to my routine 450 follistim every night with ganirelex to prevent ovulation and ovidrel trigger.
This will be my 4th and final cycle.
Appears that my age is the issue. I'm 42
My husbands sperm count and swimmers are excellent on a bad day he had 110million of which at least 60% are good..yikes! Of course he thinks he's the best and can fertilize the world!

For those that don't have my history here it is:
IUI first cycle end in BFN
IUI second cycle - RE screwed up and I ovulated before trigger
IVF #1 - 3 huge follies over 20mm, and another 4, result 7eggs, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to ET, didn't implant- BFN
IVF #2 - oversuppressed on lupron follies were small, 10 eggs, 4 over fertilized, the remained didn't so no ET
IVF #3 - Multiple follies, 10 at last U/S were over 14mm result -12 eggs -5 fertilized, 2 over fertilized and 2 made it to implant, one a grade AA+ embie, other an AA+ but just a 4 cell, two others were over fragmented and not recommended for ET, again BFN. Started accupuncture during this cycle but had to do a clomid challenge test due to my age which effects my body and hormones greatly. This I believe maybe the cause of my non-implantation as I create a toxic enviroment on clomid. My chart indicated something wasn't right.
IVF#4 - Lots of accupuncture, massages and charting, spoiling myself totally, good diet and limited exercise, detox to rid me of cycle #3 toxins, went oh naturale for the last two months, charts are looking good, so lets hope with the extra help this month I get a BFP. RE won't change my protocol and won't add menupor or repronex as he's not convinced of their value yet, his oppinion.

So ladies once again its back to the pin cushion and bloat fest. If this fails we are going to look at adoption and keep trying naturally.

Good luck and lots of prayers to all you ladies.
Maxine

avelez
09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
:bellyrubs::hooray:Hello ladies how is everyone doing today, growing babies i know!!!!!So happy everyone is doing very positive.

AFM- i did blood work today and beta went up from 151 on sunday to 956 today so doctors are very happy. need to go on monday again then schedule an ultrasound. Im excited and cant wait to see how many im carrying. chat wth you soon .....ALMA

erinlovesjake2005
09-18-2008, 10:52 AM
:luck: Maxine! Welcome back! I hope this is it for you!

I start stims on 10/3! So, we'll be cycle buddies! :buddies:

erinlovesjake2005
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Yay for the good news Alma!!! :hooray:

avelez
09-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Maxine , good luck and please since its last cycle speak to doctor about et on the 5th day very important i did that on my last and 3rd cycle and they kept me on meds more and transfer on 5th day,so just ask on it and wish you the best......Alma

francesmcruz
09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
:bellyrubs::hooray:Hello ladies how is everyone doing today, growing babies i know!!!!!So happy everyone is doing very positive.

AFM- i did blood work today and beta went up from 151 on sunday to 956 today so doctors are very happy. need to go on monday again then schedule an ultrasound. Im excited and cant wait to see how many im carrying. chat wth you soon .....ALMA

That's great, alma.
I'm still waiting for my call and I did my b/w at 7:15am this morning.

Mad Max
09-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Alma,
I did ask at my last meeting and again my pigheaded doctor is not a believer in 5th day transfers.. so its the same again for me. If we have better results, maybe he'll reconsider..like enough embies to take the risk with spares for freezing - that would be fantastic ! Lets start praying now, as I've already had the nurse trying to order me the wrong meds - not a good start to this cycle! My RE is old school and one of the original co-founders of Boston IVF and as he reminds me he's been doing this for 40years, its too late for me to change so I'm just going to suck it up and pray for the best.

Maxine

francesmcruz
09-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi Maxine,

I want to wish you a successful cycle with a BFP.
I went straight to IVF after 4 years of not getting pregnant.
I started July of 07.
After 3 unsuccessful cycles, which we had to pay for, and almost giving up, I finally got insurance that paid for 2 cycles by the age of 40. I am so happy that I got a BFP this time, but, everyday I am scared over any little thing. As I stated, I am waiting for a call from the nurse between 1 and 5pm (eastern time), to get the results of my third beta.

Mad Max
09-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Great news Alma, way to go girl.

Mad Max
09-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks Frances, my fingers crossed for more good news.

Sugar&Spice
09-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Just got back from the doc's and he said my estradiol #s from Tues were good and my follies are growing right on schedule. The ones on my right are still lagging a bit (now 10, 11, and 13--all grew 1mm since Tues) but the ones on the left are doing great. They went from 12, 13, 13, 13, 14 on Tues to 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18--somehow I picked up another one, so now I have 9 total, though the 3 on the right might be a bust. He said I'd be ready for HCG tomorrow and retrieval on Sunday!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Girls, thanks for the luck and :pray:! I feel so hopeful and happy! Wishing everyone positive :vibes:!

Sugar&Spice
09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
RSC, did you get an update today? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :hooray:

Welcome back, Maxine, and best of luck w/ your fourth! I wouldn't worry about the doc's methods. Since we're all different and this process is both an art and a science, I'm sure he has your best interests in mind. My doc is also of the 3-day school because they say the uterus is a better oven than the petri dish. It may also have to do with age...I'm 38 and maybe "older" eggs need the womb while younger, heartier eggs may do better in the dish. Just a theory, but whatever the case, I hope this is the one for you! :)

Alma, your beta #s look great! I hope it's multiples, if that's what you want. How many did you put back?

lisa2006
09-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi all

I got pregnant with twins after my first IUI with Follistim and a trigger. Best of luck to you!

francesmcruz
09-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Sugar&Spice sending prayers and vibes your way........

Sugar&Spice
09-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks a million, Frances!!! :)

francesmcruz
09-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Just got the call from the nurse.
The results from my 3rd beta b/w today was 8949.

1st beta (Tuesday the 9th) 331 :hooray:
2nd beta (Thursday the 11th) 669 :hooray::hooray:
3rd beta (Thursday the 18th) 8949 :hooray::hooray::hooray:.

I asked her if the numbers were good and she said that they were a little high. The way she calculated, they should be between
5-6000, but, she calculated until yesterday.

I told her I calculated until today and I came up with 8028.
I am very happy for now, until the fears set in again :celebrate:.

BabyHopes
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
BFN today. First IUI not successful. :cry:. Stopped taking Prometrium and on to next cycle. Hope AF comes soon. For those of you who have done several cycles with IUI, did the number of follicles you developed vary each month without changing dosage? I just had one follicle this month and would like to have at least two for next cycle.

ryanshopefor08
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
BFN today. First IUI not successful. :cry:. Stopped taking Prometrium and on to next cycle. Hope AF comes soon. For those of you who have done several cycles with IUI, did the number of follicles you developed vary each month without changing dosage? I just had one follicle this month and would like to have at least two for next cycle.

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your BFN:aww: I believe you will have to up your dosage a bit if you want more follicles next cycle. If you are doing Clomid, your dosage will be upped a bit. My first round of Clomid I only had 1, my second time I had 2, fast forward 4 cycles to injectables. Thats where I had 13 on the first cycle, and 8 this time. I hear many people on Clomid do produce 3 or 4, my body just wasn't giving me more than 2. :babydust:

BabyHopes
09-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks ryanshope. I talked to my RE's nurse earlier and she said that she didn't think that my RE would up the dosage because they really wanted to see 1 or 2 follicles per cycle. When you moved from 1 to 2 follicles, had you upped your dosage? I don't think that I can afford injectibles right now. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility.

As Is
09-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Just got home from IUI. I feel so bad for the nurse who administered it. She was so flustered by my friend being there. She thought we were a couple (cute!) eventhough we both mentioned things we would need to remember to tell my husband about the experience. We had lots of laughs though.
But, it wasn't so bad!! I think I now fully understand the definition of "You might feel some pressure". Ugh! Only a little spotting so far. The ARNP said that she thought they had caught the tail end of O & that the sperm count was closer to 40, whatever that means.
I should go back to work but I really don't want to..bleh!
I feel so much better to have it over with and know that it's not so bad!!!
Thanks for all the encouragement!

handsdown
09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
This is going to be my first cycle on Femara, I start taking it tonight. This is our first cycle TTC after our third miscarriage (9weeks) in July. I did four rounds of Clomid earlier this year but I had really horrible depression when I was on it. I am looking forward to being on something where the side effects are not as bad. I am a little apprehensive since we are not doing a mid-cycle ultrasound to check follie size. My OB thinks I might do better with a more "relaxed" approach. Anyway, I will be charting and doing OPKs to confirm O.

ryanshopefor08
09-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks ryanshope. I talked to my RE's nurse earlier and she said that she didn't think that my RE would up the dosage because they really wanted to see 1 or 2 follicles per cycle. When you moved from 1 to 2 follicles, had you upped your dosage? I don't think that I can afford injectibles right now. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility.

Hi~ when I got 2 follicles she did up my dosage by 25mg so not by much. My RE said you body get immune the clomid, so that is why they go a bit, but each person could be different. I always saw 2 afterwards, usually one in each ovary. I hear ya about insurance...our doesn't cover anything either. It drives me nuts. Does these insurance companies think we want to have these problems. I think insurance companies should have better coverage for infertilty. I could go on and on about that... :). I'm sure your RE will do the best she thinks is going to work for you but it wouldn't hurt asking her about going up a little bit and letting her know you would like more follicles. I think some RE's are more conservative than others just so there isn't a risk of multiples. :). Keep me posted :)

malf
09-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Congrats, Frances & Alma!! :hooray:

RSC, what's the latest????

Elle, good luck, girl! I am rooting for you on Sunday!!

:stickyvibes: AND :babydust: to all.

endurer11
09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
I got pregnant with twins after my first IUI with Follistim and a trigger. Best of luck to you!
Wow! Congrats! Please tell me, how did you physically feel in your 2ww? Any different? Any side affects from the trigger and FSH?

endurer11
09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Just got home from IUI. I feel so bad for the nurse who administered it. She was so flustered by my friend being there. She thought we were a couple (cute!) eventhough we both mentioned things we would need to remember to tell my husband about the experience. We had lots of laughs though.
But, it wasn't so bad!! I think I now fully understand the definition of "You might feel some pressure". Ugh! Only a little spotting so far. The ARNP said that she thought they had caught the tail end of O & that the sperm count was closer to 40, whatever that means.
I should go back to work but I really don't want to..bleh!
I feel so much better to have it over with and know that it's not so bad!!!
Thanks for all the encouragement!
This was my first cycle of IUI. I had 7 follies total. I was using the Gonal-F injections and the Orvidel trigger. Now Im on Progesterone. Im hoping that at least 1 of those 7 met joyfully with hubbies swimmers.

erinlovesjake2005
09-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Yay for growing eggies, Elle!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Frances! Those are GREAT numbers! I can't wait for your U/S!!

RSC?!?! Any news?

I hope you girls are all doing okay!

RSC
09-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Yay, Elle! Grow, follies, grow!
AJF, any word from you?

:silly:Here's my update!!
6 8-cell
1 6-cell
1 4-cell
1 3-cell
1 2-cell

So, I go in on Saturday for a 5-day transfer, hopefully of 2 perfect embies! And I'm desperately hoping for 1-2 to freeze, to take a little pressure off of this cycle.

Since this is all so scary, instead of getting too excited at any one step, I'm trying to take this one day and one "hurdle" at a time. So Saturday is the next big hurdle!

ajf
09-18-2008, 09:43 PM
sugar&spice sounds great!! good luck on your transfer on sunday :stickyvibes:

rsc good luck on your transfer this weekend!!:stickyvibes:

frances and alma GREAT #'s!!!:babydance:

erin your turn coming soon!!

maxine :welcome: back, and good luck!

ajf
09-18-2008, 09:47 PM
well the re called last night and my LH was high so they had me take two doses of ganirelix yesterday. i went in this am for a blood draw and they are having me do the same today. tommorrow i will go in for us and bloodwork. there is a possibility that i might trigger earlier than thought, maybe tommorrow. BUT there is also a possibility i might have ovulated on my own if these meds did not keep up!! tonight i have a lot of discharge you get with ovulation so i am a little worried. its going to be a long night...i am prayihng everything turns out well

erinlovesjake2005
09-18-2008, 09:58 PM
RSC! :woot: :celebrate: Yay for jumping that hurdle! You have great embies!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

ajf - I hope the upped dosage works! Stay away O! I don't think I have ever said that before. :pray: :pray: :pray:

THE SMITH'S
09-18-2008, 11:17 PM

So sorry, I hope AF comes quick for you so you can start trying again! They always upped my dose of Clomid each month. I'm on 150 right now a day and also injections. I hope I have more than 2 eggs this month last month only 2. I hope they will up your dose some for you! Maybe change doctors if they wont! GOOD LUCK!

Sugar&Spice
09-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Frances, your beta #s are rockin', girl. Awesome! :celebrate:

Thanks so much, girls! :hug: I feel really good about the #s, the sizes, and my endometrium is 12.5, so I'm thrilled!

RSC, that's wonderful news. Six 8-cell embies sounds divine. We should all hope to be so fortunate! Happy Saturday!!!

ajf, I'll keep you in my :pray: as well. I asked my doc about the extra CM, too, and he said it was totally normal because of the increased estrogen, so hopefully that's all it is, and you haven't Oed yet. I'm triggering tomorrow too, so we may be on the exact same schedule now. :hugs:

Erin and Maxine, yay cycle buddies! I can't wait until it's your turn! :dance:

mspy
09-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Sugar & Spice, RSC: Good luck with ET ! Hope you'll bring us good news on your 1st beta!

Frances & Alma: Hoorah for the great numbers! Can't wait for your 1st u/s to see how many babies you are carrying :)

Sorry been MIA for a while. Have been doing nothing but work and rest (so time can pass by quickly!). RE told me to come back on my 2nd cycle of period after the ER (late August), which should be sometime early October. He didn't want to transfer immediately the cycle right after just to be sure everything's back to normal (and of course I would'nt want to be back anywhere near OHSS again). So I'm counting the days now until my next AF (just started AF after ER 12 days ago and OHSS is completely gone now). If everything is fine, we should have a natural thaw cycle/transfer sometime 20ish October? I guess 1st beta would be sometime early November. The goods news is no more needles for me! Hooray! I was telling RE how terrified I am of PIO (after 5 weeks of needles which is enough for me already) and he told me I didn't need them! All i need to do now is to make sure I am at best of health next month!

mspy
09-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Oh..i'm back to charting so who knows I might end up with a "miracle" baby? *wishful thinking* We have male factor problem (very low count & morphology) due to DH beens a heavy 10 long years smoke. But all of a sudden, DH decided to quite smoking overnight (the same time I started the meds getting ready for IVF). And guess what? In less than a month of quitting smoking, his sperm count shot up from 5 million to 18 million (sperm taken for fertilization) but of course the quality is still less than average. So who knows that his sperm count now could be more and better quality? So to keep myself busy until next month, I'm charting just to past my time. Regardless how I get PG, i hope to get my BFP soon!

ryanshopefor08
09-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Not looking good for IUI 8 :boohoo: Did a HPT this morning 12dpo, and got a :bfn: I can't believe this! I don't understand why this is just not working for me! 8 follies, 40mil prewash, 25 good swimmers, on heparin and promterium and its STILL didn't work? Can this be for real? Am I in some twilight zone. I think I need to be put in a room with padded walls. Already talked to RE, went for the BW, my RE was even like wow when I told her that HPT was BFN. She said lets hope that is wrong and she'd call me when the BW results came back. I just hope hope hope, if not on to IUI 9 or IVF...:headbang:

:noaf::noaf:

francesmcruz
09-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Sugar&Spice and RSC this is going to be a great weekend for you.

ajf, I hope and pray your bloodwork and ultrasound are good today so that you can get triggered and so that you can be on ET list too.

mspy, hang in there, its all going to work out for you too :winks:.

francesmcruz
09-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Erin and Sugar&Spice, I am excited about my #'s too, I can't wait for the ultrasound. I swear, I just want a healthy baby, but, I sure wouldn't mind twins.
Its scary though, because I transferred 4 embryos, what are the odds of them all taking. I would go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I keep thinking "be careful what you wish for".

avelez
09-19-2008, 07:04 AM
RSC, did you get an update today? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :hooray:

Welcome back, Maxine, and best of luck w/ your fourth! I wouldn't worry about the doc's methods. Since we're all different and this process is both an art and a science, I'm sure he has your best interests in mind. My doc is also of the 3-day school because they say the uterus is a better oven than the petri dish. It may also have to do with age...I'm 38 and maybe "older" eggs need the womb while younger, heartier eggs may do better in the dish. Just a theory, but whatever the case, I hope this is the one for you! :)

Alma, your beta #s look great! I hope it's multiples, if that's what you want. How many did you put back?

I wouldnt mind two, i put in three

endurer11
09-19-2008, 07:11 AM
OK, well 12 dpo is still early. Some ladies dont get a BFP until 16 or 18 DPO! Hang in there. Im so sorry you are going through this. :(

avelez
09-19-2008, 07:13 AM
RSC, Sugar/SPice good luck on saturday and relax,rest alot. Frances when will your ultrasound be? I go back on monday for beta check again then schedule an ultrasound, im so excited. Have a great weekend all......alma

fisherbaby
09-19-2008, 07:14 AM
gigglynell, what dosage of femara are they starting at, if you don't mind me asking? This month was my second cycle on 5 mg and the headaches have been tough to handle, but everything else seems to be fine. I am concerned about upping my dosage next month but hopefully we will get a BFP and won't need to take anymore meds :eyeroll: GL

francesmcruz
09-19-2008, 07:15 AM
avelez how are you feeling?
Any symptoms?
Are you as scared as I am for any little thing?
When is your ultrasound?

francesmcruz
09-19-2008, 07:16 AM
RSC, Sugar/SPice good luck on saturday and relax,rest alot. Frances when will your ultrasound be? I go back on monday for beta check again then schedule an ultrasound, im so excited. Have a great weekend all......alma

I go for my 1st ultrasound next Friday.
I don't have any more betas scheduled until I see my doctor then.
When is yours?