While these tales don’t always lend themselves true in any or all cases, it’s still a fun time to see if you’re following any of the gender indicators that have been handed down through the ages.
Here are ten of the most common old wives’ tales to help you guess if your baby will be a boy or a girl.
You May Be Having A Boy If:
1. You’ve never experienced morning sickness throughout your pregnancy.
2. Your pregnancy cravings include food of the salty or sour flavors.
3. During your pregnancy, you look radiant. No drain in color and you feel wonderful all over.
4. Your pregnancy weight is all in the front. You can barely tell that you’re pregnant from behind.
5. Your baby’s heart rate is consistently under 140 beats per minute at each hearing.
You May Be Having A Girl If:
1. You are carrying your baby weight everywhere, not just in the front.
2. You and morning sickness go hand-in-hand, be it just in the beginning stages of your pregnancy or throughout your entire nine months.
3. Your pregnancy cravings have been a constant desire for sweet, sugary, and indulgent foods.
4. Your skin has seen better days. You may feel drained of color, acne may be rampant in a concentrated area of your body or wide spread everywhere.
5. Your baby’s heart rate is normally higher than 140 beats per minute at every listen.
- Share your stories and, if you have any not mentioned here, any old wives’ tales about predicting your baby’s gender. We’d love to find out new ways to add to a later post.
About the author: Danielle is a freelance blogger and website content manager specializing in parenting, family, pregnancy, social media, and entrepreneurial topics. To learn more about Danielle, please visit her website at www.PenPointEditorial.com.